help us DESIGN the YES!
Yes & Yes Yes is a yearly gathering of nerds, weirdos, futurists and thinkers held in Palm Springs. We're an innovative, friendly organization that creates space for people to engage in conversation and play.
Every year we have an amazing illustrator who designs our annual t-shirt and poster, which then helps inform all of our other swag and signage. Here's an example from YxYY002.
This year we're looking for a Passionate & Proficient Graphic/Print Designer to help us implement this year's illustration, and deliver all the files for our vendors, e.g.:
- On-site posters + signage: large posters, vinyl cutouts, cardboard cutouts, banners, etc.
- Swag items: t-shirts, lip balm, sunglasses, beach balls, tote bags, lens cloths, etc.
- Printed goodies: survival guide, schedules, greeting cards, drink tickets, etc.
- Any other fun ideas we say yes to this year!
- passionate about clean design, grid-theory and pixel-perfect design details (if something's off, your eye will catch it!)
- outstanding at project management, communication & organization
- experienced in print and packaging design; specifically when it comes to all the nuances of print: color, bleeds, scale, etc.
- proficient with Adobe Creative Suite applications like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator
- able to follow style guides and design templates for our brand
- a collaborative team player, who can also perform independently
- someone who understands and embodies the spirit of Yes & Yes Yes
This is a temporary remote freelance contract with flexible hours, that starts as soon as the illustration for this year is complete (shooting for April 2016). Your role will get increasingly busier as final print deadlines approach in late May-June, in preparation for our event, July 8-11th, 2016.
A ticket to Yes & Yes Yes 2016, the opportunity to connect with the remarkable Yes& community, and money! The hourly or project rate will be commensurate with experience.